2016 has ended. For me, it was a great year. We had our second baby boy and for now, we’re done having babies. But as 2017 begins, I’m starting to think about my resolutions.I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions. But I have a few things I want to do next year (or in the foreseeable future) so here they are…
- Move house! While our neighbours have stopped the music, it’s just awkward now so I’d rather not live here. Plus we need a bigger house. 3 bedrooms, dining room, driveway outside the house..bliss!
- Go on holiday! We’ll have our Haven holiday which I loved last year but I want to go abroad. My fiancé has never been on a plane, neither have the boys, so I’d love to start travelling with them. In an ideal world, we’d go travelling for 6 months. But commitments like work stop that!
- Save money! We are terrible at saving money. We need a pot we can dip into if we’re struggling, or to buy presents for birthdays. But the main thing we need to save for is a mortgage. To own our own house would be a dream!
- Lose weight and start to love myself again! Since having H two years ago, I’ve lived in leggings and baggy tops to cover my caesarean pouch. And while I know it probably will never go away (I’ve never stepped foot in a gym and would rather eat chocolate!), if I can eat healthier and exercise a bit more, it’ll go down. When that’s done, I can treat myself to some new clothes and feel like the person I was before I became a mum.
- Have “me time”! Becoming a mum of 2 almost broke me. So just an hour a week, to have a bath, to read, to start yoga..just things where I can be me. I was a person before I became a mum, I don’t want to lose her.
- Date nights! The last time me and my fiancé were alone was on his birthday. May, last year. And I was pregnant. So I’m not sure that counts! We need ” us time “. We were only together for 6 months when I fell pregnant with Henry so we didn’t have much time as a couple. Our 4 year anniversary is coming up in a couple of months. I’m planning to do something special.
- Become more organised! I find that ” baby brain” is still there, even 4 months after having A. In order to keep track of our lives, appointments and even money, I have to note down everything. We bought an organiser calendar so everything is going to be written on there. Hopefully I won’t forget anything now!
All in all, I just want to make myself a better person, for me but also for my family. We’ve got so much to look forward to as we move onto the next chapter of our lives. I can’t wait!
From my family to yours, I hope 2017 is a great year to you all!